Thursday 22 September 2011

End of Syawal...


Happy Eid...

Did i celebrated Eid with fun and happiness?The answer is capital Y.E.S.

Why? Well, there are a lot of reasons. The primary reason is that i met my relatives. Especially those who lived far from my home. I get excited when all of us get together like this. The gossip mills would start running, kids would be all around, we would share what happened since we last met and i get to see my cousins and their children ( Thus, reminding me that none of my siblings are married!). I am a social person who don't mind to be alone. I mean, when i am in a crowd, i can be fun and things but i do not feel that i need to be in a social setting everytime. Anyways, back to Eid. It was good to see everyone again. My uncles and aunts with their children and their children's children. You have to understand one thing about my family, both my parents have 5 other siblings. So you can imagine how the crowd would be when came back to the hometown.


Other than that, i managed to have my vision of having lights flickering all around my house fulfilled. I managed to arrange oil lamps all around my house this year and kept them lighted every night until the fourth of Eid. This involved lots of logistics. Getting diesel ( they work better and cheaper compared to karosene), filling the lamps, rearranging them back, lighting them at precise moment before sundown. I think with the new addition of lamps, i got more than 100 lamps flickering all through the night. And also, i had gone crazy and spent a lot on firecrackers! I have 'mercun das', thunder claps, rockets and sorts to fill the night with loud noise...he..he...

So Eid this time was a lot fun....then back to work.....hu...

No comments:

Post a Comment