Monday 22 August 2011

A house...

I rent a double storey house here...

The 3 of us came to live under one roof. One is an officemate of mine from KL while the other, i got to know him by accident as he was also looking for a house to rent. Both of them are not really in the picture when i chose the house. Best to say, they seemed to rely on me to find a house. I don't mind, really. It meant i got to chose a house i really like rather than just decide democraticly.

Yup, our humble rental house.
I went for house hunt twice before reporting for duty with fellow friends. We did try to search through the net. Managed to get some info. At last we just went from place to place, taking a look whether there was any 'house for rent' signs. Desperate to get a house, we went door to door. Asking the neighbours whether the house next door was empty.

my room...
We stumbled upon the house quite last minute. Another group of transfers found a house in the same row as ours. They told me about the house. Originally, the owner wanted to sale the house. Somehow, i managed to rent it from her. The owner lived in another state. She owned few houses on that row. The house was empty. the rooms has basic book/ clothing rack. It is ingenious and creative that way. I don't need a wardrobe and i can stack nything on the rack.

I've never rented a house before. I've been living with my parents. We live on our own home. Plus it is easy to go to my previous workplace. There was no need to live by my own. Because of that, i've decided that from day one, my rental house must have basics. My room must have a bed, a vanity and a rack to hang my clothes. The house must have a fridge, a TV and a washing machine. The stove isn't a must as i could always eat out, a sofa for the living room is not really needed as i could just sit on the floor. My friends says that you go small than add more thing to the house as time goes by.

Nope. That's not the way i roll. I don't want to spent my first nite by sleeping on the floor. From the get go, everything must be there. So my first nite in the house was really smooth. Got a soft bed to sleep well in it...he..he..Then, my housemate brings the stove, the sofa and other things. I add astro and next would be streamyx. Now, the house is complete but we don't have a dining table just yet. Need to think further on that. But it was homey which is important to me so that i would feel okay working in the new place.

That's on my rental home. My housemate is good and we got along well. Thank God...

No comments:

Post a Comment